Faith Baptist School
As a Christian school in Longmont, we have met the educational needs of families in Longmont as well as the North Denver Metro area and Northern Colorado since 1971. We desire to work in harmony with you as parents in accomplishing spiritual, academic, and social goals in the life of your students. We endeavor to assist parents in their God-given responsibility to “train up a child in the way he should go” and the church in its biblical mandate to “edify the body of Christ.”
In addition to these spiritual objectives, FBS also offers a strong academic program, a tremendous fine arts department, and exciting athletic competition. We pray that this year our students will experience growth in all these areas as a result of being part of the Faith Baptist School family.
If we can help you in any way or answer additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
The purpose of Faith Baptist School is to assist parents in the training of their children to the conformity of the image of Jesus Christ through a balanced spiritual, academic, and extra-curricular educational program. Our goal is to produce graduates who not only demonstrate academic excellence, but also portray godly character in their Christian service and vocation. We realize that the primary responsibility of educating children is given by God to the parent. Faith Baptist School acts as an extension of the home for the purpose of educating the child.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
As an independent Baptist church, Faith Baptist School is not part of any organization of churches, convention, or fellowship. The leadership and members of the church believe that it is their responsibility to operate the church as God leads and to support the doctrines that He has established in His Word. Only Bible doctrines, as set forth in the Statement of Faith, will be subscribed to by Faith Baptist School and will not be subject to review by parents of students nor members of the church. If any parent objects to the Bible doctrines of Faith Baptist Church as expressed in the Statement of Faith, he should reconsider enrollment of his children in this school. It must be remembered that attendance at Faith Baptist School is a privilege and not a right.
The doctrinal position of Faith Baptist School is the same as that set forth in the Constitution of Faith Baptist Church. The following is a brief summary:
- The Bible is the verbally inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died for our sins, arose physically from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will return again in power and glory. Jesus is the great High Priest, and He makes intercession for us before God.
- All men are sinful by nature and are at enmity with God; therefore, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential to their salvation.
- Men are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ and are saved by grace through faith.
- Every born-again person should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion), and should be a member of a local New Testament church.
- The Holy Spirit convicts of sin; makes believers children of God through the new birth, assuring them of heaven; and by his indwelling, enables Christians to lead godly lives.
- Students will be permitted to enroll in Faith Baptist School who do not adhere to every doctrinal position set forth in the Statement of Faith. However, they will not be retained if they seek to argue or promote their differing opinions.
Faith Baptist School is located in a two-story educational wing of Faith Baptist Church. Classrooms are large, air-conditioned, and include a science lab and a computer lab. A large, fenced-in, grassy playground is utilized for recess. Band and choir concerts, plays, and special programs are held in the adjacent gym which contains a full basketball/volleyball court, bleachers, stage, weight room, locker rooms, band room, and kitchen.